Fire on Deerview Road levels mobile home

0212-fire copy
A mobile home on Deerview Road in Cicero burned to the ground on Wednesday, Feb. 7. Nichol’s Fire Department responded. – Photo by Ken Hodgden
Nichol’s fire department was called to a fire on Deerview Road in the town of Cicero on Wednesday, Feb. 7 around 9 p.m.
Fire Chief Terry Scheller said, the structure, a mobile home was fully engulfed when we arrived. We could see the glow from a mile away.”
Scheller said they were there in five minutes because they were having a fire department meeting at the time so 24 firefighters responded.
The occupant of the mobile home was sleeping but got out in time with burns to his hands, and was transported to the hospital. “He was lucky,” Scheller said, “because there were no smoke detectors in the mobile home.”
There was also a 30 by 40 shop near the mobile home that also suffered some fire damage to the roof and sides of the building.
The mobile home was a total loss.
One of the firefighters was also injured when he fell on the ice. Scheller said, he is all right though, no broken bones.
Other fire departments that assisted were Black Creek, Seymour, Shiocton and Navarino.
The fire is still under investigation but nothing seemed suspicious.

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *