Nichols House Fire

Photo by Linda Titel

By Linda Titel
Assistant Editor

The Nichols, Bear Creek, Shiocton, Seymour Fire departments, and Black Creek Rescue and the Outagamie Cert team responded to a house fire on Saturday Jan 26 at 10 p.m.
The resident, Kevin Sheperd was sleeping on his couch when he awoke to flames engulfing the couch and curtains. He got out safe with just some singed hair.
Nichols Fire Chief Terry Scheller said he was lucky because there were no smoke detectors or fire extinguisher in the house.
“The house was totally engulfed with flames when we arrived, and was a total loss,” Scheller said.
The cause was determined as either a space heater or electrical.